Fierce Advocacy for the Inland Empire
DUI Attorney Serving Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Licensed DUI Defense Attorney Serving Drivers in the Greater Spokane Region
Have you or a loved one recently been charged with drinking and driving? Drivers throughout the Kootenai County and Greater Spokane region can depend on Bendell Law Firm, PLLC, for reliable legal advice and representation. As a licensed DUI defense attorney in Idaho and Washington, James Bendell has the knowledge and skills to help you navigate the criminal justice system. He will personally handle your case and fight for your legal rights. As a former Superior Court Commissioner, Judge Pro Tem and prosecutor of DUI cases with inside knowledge of how these situations are tried, Bendell will provide the services you need with professionalism and compassion.
DUI Defense Attorney Services
Whatever your situation, you have the legal right to attain representation in order to fight the charges placed against you. A DUI defense attorney from Bendell Law Firm, PLLC can work on your behalf to prevent a conviction or limit potential penalties. With over 40 years of trial experience, Bendell can personally walk you through this complicated process. You can count on our firm for the guidance and support you need to be triumphant in the court of law.
Why Bendell Fights DUI Cases
Drunk driving is dangerous, but this doesn’t excuse putting innocent people in jail. There are many situations in which hiring a DUI defense attorney is warranted:
- Most police officers are honest. Some are not. A police report containing false information and observations must be challenged at trial or by way of motion practice prior to trial.
- Even among honest police officers, some are lazy. The proper administration of the Field Sobriety Test and use of the Breathalyzer machine must be done in a proper way and proper sequence. This is very tedious work, and some law enforcement officers are prone to take the “check all boxes” approach in order to close the arrest and get back to patrolling the streets.
- Some people have medical conditions that can mimic the appearance of being drunk. People should not be sent to jail because they have a health condition.
- Under our Constitutional rule of law, no person can be sent to jail unless the prosecutor proves to a jury that the defendant is guilty proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
- There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people sent to jail each year for crimes they did not commit. That is not right.
Bendell fights hard for clients who have been charged with a DUI and leaves no stone unturned in defending their rights.
DUI Penalties in Idaho
Being convicted of a DUI in Idaho will result in several significant consequences. Depending on the circumstances and severity of the situation, first offense violations may include:
- Up to six months in prison
- Driver’s license suspension up to a year
- Fines up to $500
- DUI school
Second and third-time offenders within five years could face up to five years in prison and $2,500 in fines, as well as license suspension for up to 10 years. This is because Idaho law considers a third DUI a felony. The best and only way to negotiate alternative sentencing or lessen the penalties is to have an experienced DUI defense attorney represent you and your legal rights.
Other Practice Areas
In addition to serving as a DUI defense attorney, James Bendell represents clients in personal injury and criminal defense cases. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-risk initial consultation with our legal team.