Licensed DUI Defense Attorney Serving Drivers in the Greater Spokane Region
Have you or a loved one recently been charged with drinking and driving? Drivers throughout the Kootenai County and Greater Spokane region can depend on Bendell Law Firm, PLLC, for reliable legal advice and representation. As a licensed DUI defense attorney in Idaho and Washington, James Bendell has the knowledge and skills to help you navigate the criminal justice system. He will personally handle your case and fight for your legal rights. As a former Superior Court Commissioner, Judge Pro Tem and prosecutor of DUI cases with inside knowledge of how these situations are tried, Bendell will provide the services you need with professionalism and compassion.
DUI Defense Attorney Services
Whatever your situation, you have the legal right to attain representation in order to fight the charges placed against you. A DUI defense attorney from Bendell Law Firm, PLLC can work on your behalf to prevent a conviction or limit potential penalties. With over 40 years of trial experience, Bendell can personally walk you through this complicated process. You can count on our firm for the guidance and support you need to be triumphant in the court of law.
Why Bendell Fights DUI Cases
Drunk driving is dangerous, but this doesn’t excuse putting innocent people in jail. There are many situations in which hiring a DUI defense attorney is warranted:
- Most police officers are honest. Some are not. A police report containing false information and observations must be challenged at trial or by way of motion practice prior to trial.
- Even among honest police officers, some are lazy. The proper administration of the Field Sobriety Test and use of the Breathalyzer machine must be done in a proper way and proper sequence. This is very tedious work, and some law enforcement officers are prone to take the “check all boxes” approach in order to close the arrest and get back to patrolling the streets.
- Some people have medical conditions that can mimic the appearance of being drunk. People should not be sent to jail because they have a health condition.
- Under our Constitutional rule of law, no person can be sent to jail unless the prosecutor proves to a jury that the defendant is guilty proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
- There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people sent to jail each year for crimes they did not commit. That is not right.
Bendell fights hard for clients who have been charged with a DUI and leaves no stone unturned in defending their rights.